Sunday, January 27, 2008

Snowed in

What a fun weekend! I am finally getting back "out there" in a serious way. I have joined up with a few local groups based around shared interests and activities, and it has turned out to be the best thing I could have done!

Friday I went to a wine-tasting with about 10 other people. We tasted 4 different wines, and paired some appetizers with each one. This is a new group so introductions were shared all around. An interesting and diverse group for sure. Afterwards a few of us went on to a local dance club and had a great time getting to know each other and dancing off some of those calories. :) I found myself more interested in getting to know the people in my group than I was in looking around for other dance partners... It has been a long time since I went to a dance club, and it is not likely something I would have done on my own. I'm generally not a big fan of the music played on commercial radio (see my profile for more info). But I found the DJ to be quite open to requests--and he played a couple of old funk tunes for me and my new "possee" hee hee! I'm already looking forward to next month's wine-tasting event...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't find love, love finds you.

single grrl said...

Thanks for stopping in SL, and for adding your two cents... I agree that Love is an wonderfully ephemeral state of being that cannot be forced in any way--it does "just happen" when certain elements fall into place. But, a girl's got to be practical. Since I don't date at work, Love sure isn't gonna find me if I'm holed up in my house all alone every weekend! :)